League1 Ontario Director of Women’s Football Chelsea Spencer has resigned from her role on the League1 Ontario Board of Directors after securing a leadership position with a League1 Ontario License Holder.
As a result, the League1 Ontario Board of Directors is now searching for a passionate volunteer to join the board as the new Director of Women’s Football.
Matthew Braithwaite, League1 Ontario Managing Director, said: “I would like to thank Chelsea for her contribution to the League1 Ontario Board of Directors since she joined in March 2021 and for her efforts to establish the Women’s Football Subcommittee.
“Once a successor has been appointed, Chelsea will take up the role of Vice Chair of the Subcommittee, which includes Dave Kelly, Joey Lombardi, Farkhunda Muhtaj, Olivia Smith, and April Syme.
“We are pleased that Chelsea is committed to remain part of the committee, which provides invaluable insight to drive the women’s game forward. We look forward to identifying and welcoming a successor with similar passion and knowledge to join the board.”
Duties and Responsibilities
Provide strategic leadership for the ongoing direction and development of the League1 Ontario women’s divisions. Ensure close alignment with Ontario Soccer’s Ontario Player Development League and Canada Soccer’s Player Development Program.
• A member of the League1 Ontario Board of Directors;
• Provides leadership to the women’s divisions in terms of its various short-term and long-term strategic planning initiatives, communicating with league stakeholders about the goals, objectives and activities of the league and serving as a key advocate and spokesperson for the league;
• Attends all women’s division special events and functions;
• Keeps the League1 Ontario Board informed (on a timely basis) of significant issues affecting league development;
• Providing sound advice to League1 Ontario Board of Directors regarding policy and strategy;
• Liaise with Ontario Soccer and/or Canada Soccer senior executive staff where required.
Please submit your cover letter and resume (with “Director, Women’s Football, League1 Ontario” as the subject) to Matthew Braithwaite at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Deadline: July 31, 2023
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.